Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2 years and counting...

Monday Lee and I celebrated 2 years of marriage!
It is true what they say.... the older you get the faster time flies.
I need time to slooooowwww down. even slower than island time.
I just want to revel in life - spend time with God, love Lee, take in the beautiful nature in Grenada, hold tight to the precious little children at Limes and the orphanages, and just be.
I will say that the past two years have been nothing less than interesting.  From our honeymoon in Mexico, to living in West Virginia for a few months, to taking off on a plane to the unknown island of Grenada.
Marriage requires a lot of trust.  I have trusted this man with my life and our future, and so far so good :)
My facebook status from Monday read - "they say the first few years of marriage are the hardest, then you add medical school, unemployment, a 350 sq ft apartment, and life on a crazy island thousands of miles away from family and friends to the mix.... and your relationship not only survives, but flourishes then you picked the right one!! Happy 2nd anniversary Lee Coghill! Thank you for this crazy, wonderful life!"


and my Lee's said - "Happy Anniversary to my best friend and partner Kelsey Coghill. 2 years of med school hasn't been easy, but everyday is better when I can come home to you!  Thanks for being the best wife a guy could ask for."

I'll admit I almost teared up a bit.  He usually isn't too emotional or expressive on facebook, not that the whole world needs to know, but it is kinda nice to hear those words in public setting sometimes... would you agree? 

Needless to say from both of our posts medical school + marriages isn't an easy road.  You don't get to spend a lot of quality time together and life is stressful.  But it is doable!  Every single day we along with dozens of other SGU couples are making it work and someday soon it is all going to be worth it.

We had a very low key anniversary this year.  No fancy dinner and no dressing up (although I think we will be doing that soon :) AND I did convince Lee to take me to the Tobago Cays by saying it would be for our anniversary)
We were tiiiiired on Monday.  Lee spent the morning in the hospital doing examinations (in long sleeves, pants, AND his white coat with no AC) & then class all afternon & I had an SO meeting, spent some time at the pool, and then visited Queen Elizabeth Home (more about QE later!!) & yes the pool is tiring!

I'll admit I almost teared up a bit.  He usually isn't too emotional or expressive on facebook, not that the whole world needs to know, but it is kinda nice to hear those words in public setting sometimes... would you agree?

Needless to say from both of our posts medical school + marriages isn't an easy road.  You don't get to spend a lot of quality time together and life is stressful.  But it is doable!  Every single day we along with dozens of other SGU couples are making it work and someday soon it is all going to be worth it.

We had a very low key anniversary this year.  No fancy dinner and no dressing up (although I think we will be doing that soon :) AND I did convince Lee to take me to the Tobago Cays by saying it would be for our anniversary)
We were tiiiiired on Monday.  Lee spent the morning in the hospital doing examinations (in long sleeves, pants, AND his white coat with no AC) & then class all afternon & I had an SO meeting, spent some time at the pool, and then visited Queen Elizabeth Home (more about QE later!!) & yes the pool is tiring! 
I am so thankful and so blessed to have Lee in my life and believe it or not, I love him so much more today than I could have ever imaged 2 years ago on our wedding day... and I think he feels the same ♥

We ate left overs and watched the sunset... then attempted to make cotton candy together - Lee's idea and gift of "cotton" to me for the 2nd anniversary.  I gave him my homemade pillow case with his name embroidered on it.  Read more about our gifts on my other blog here. 

IMG_6653
sunset on the beach 8/22/11


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I must be getting sappier, but that was beautiful!

Kay said...

Happy anniversary to you both! The cotton candy idea is too adorable. =)

Jackie D said...

congrats!! only two years and it seems like you've already had so many adventures...wish you many more for the oncoming years!

Amber said...

congrats to you both-- I completely agree about wanting life to slow down, and it just keeps getting faster and faster!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...