Friday, January 10, 2014

32 weeks

Happy 32 weeks to us!!
My doctor said yesterday - at this point if I went into labor and delivered at a hospital like the one we have here, with an awesome NICU then I can almost be sure of a healthy baby!
Yay for the 32 week milestone!


 At 32 weeks I am still feeling great.  I do feel more pregnant with each day and it's pretty obvious to everyone by now.  I have received several comments this week... my favorites and least favorites include:

older male patient at work - "wow! you must be eating good!"
5 year old boy in Subway - "are you having a baby?! my teacher is having a baby!"
lady working at Salvation Army - "I used to hate when people would touch me without asking".............................. while she was rubbing my belly WITHOUT asking! so weird.
My boss held an interview the other day to find my replacement and one of our patients said "you're kind of premature replacing Kelsey aren't you?!" haha he didn't realize I was due so soon and apparently was defending me.  so thanks dude!

oh and a funny conversation with my OB.
Me - "my husband thinks I'm crazy, but I swear sometimes I can feel the baby's heart beating"
Dr. (very matter of factly) - "oh  you're not crazy, but that is impossible"
hahahaha. oops. But really... any other pregnant woman ever feel like they can feel their baby's heart?  I mean, I have the opinion of two men who've never had a baby inside of them, so maybe it's not impossible?!


I've been working on organizing the baby's room and figuring out what we still need - which is a lot!
We're having a shower in Canada next weekend and then after that we'll have to get serious and finish getting all the things we need for this little one.
Something that I am excited about that I bought this week are some cloth diapers!  I went in with a group of girls in a diaper co-op to save money and got some really cheap.  Since we already have some disposable diapers we're going to use them in the beginning when this little one is going pretty constantly and then hopefully make the switch to cloth, if nothing else during the day and when we're at home.  It's going to be a learning curve but we can save so much money, not to mention being environmentally responsible.  And they are so cute!  Have you seen the new, updated types of cloth diapers?  So adorable.

So something else has come up, one of the residency programs we are interested in has invited us for a second look! Actually this is our 3rd second look invite, but the only one we're going to be able to go to.  Problem is, we'd have to fly and I'll be 36 weeks pregnant.  My OB said there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to go so as long as everything continues to go as planned.  I'm having a full check up/exam the day before we leave just to make sure everything is ok!   So I'm getting the babymoon I wanted after all! Now the only problem is, I don't have any warm weather clothes that fit!!  Hopefully I'll be able to find a couple summery dresses in my closet that are stretchy.  What am I going to do about a bathing suit though?! yikes.  I always thought if I was ever pregnant in the summer that I wouldn't have an issue wearing a bikini, but now that I am at that point I'm wondering how comfortable I'll actually feel with it all hanging out.... but I don't want to have to buy a maternity suit.  So we'll see.  It's a good problem to have.

Let's see... this week we had a blizzard.  That's news.  Lee and I got stuck on our way back to MI from the family weekend in West Virginia and had to get a hotel.  The weather was so bad and we could no longer see the road and people were in the ditches everywhere... it was terrifying.  Thankfully we found a nice place to stay right off of the highway and were able to make it home the next morning, very, very slowly.
Detroit got about 14 inches or so and we had several days of extremely cold weather.  One morning with the windchill it was -45degrees!  One day it only got up to about 0.... Thankfully today it  got above freezing and we were able to thaw out a bit.

I have to go back to school on Monday!  yuck!  Who's idea was this?!  And guess when my classes finish?  March 7th......... hahaha am I crazy?! I'm hoping to be able to get a little bit ahead and finish early just in case.  Otherwise I'll have lots of keep me occupied if this baby decides to take his time coming into the world.

32 weeks 2 days

How far along: 32 weeks
Total weight gain:  27lbs - thankfully my BFF Amber is giving me hope about bouncing back post baby, she's one week out with her sweet baby Jack and looks awesome.
Maternity clothes: I pretty much wear a dress everyday
Stretch marks: no
Sleep: Good
Best moment of this week:  arriving home safe and sound!
Miss anything:  nope
Movement: Yep, lots of movement.
Food cravings: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: yep
Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: in
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!!
Looking forward to: sleeping in tomorrow with Lee and being lazy before I have to start school again on Monday.... :(

1 comment:

Amber said...

I promise you WILL bounce back and even faster than I did! Seriously! Think how giant my bump got lol and now my clothes fit. You will be back in your normal clothes in like a day I can almost guarantee it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...