Sunday, July 10, 2016

Houston 6 Weeks

I've said this before, but Houston is THE sweetest, calmest, easiest baby ever ever ever.
Yes more so than Leo, if I'm being completely honest, and Leo was pretty darn sweet. 

I know he's only 6 weeks old, but I feel like Houston is going to have a much calmer demeanor than Leo.  I could be completely off, but just the way he looks into my eyes and his insanely adorable smiles that absolutely melts my heart makes me think (or make we want to believe) he's going to be a super sweet cuddly guy forever.
Leo was never that cuddly, although now at bedtime or when he's trying to get out of something, he's all about "tuddling" hahaha... and Leo has anything BUT a calm demeanor - as was obvious this morning at church when he got up on stage and showed off in front of a congregation of a couple hundred people. 

Houston is growing growing growing, although I'm not exactly sure how big he is.  He was 12lbs 5oz at 1 month old, so I'm sure he's got to be well over 13lbs by now.  He's feeling heavier and starting to get the adorable chubby rolls on his legs.  I love chubby baby legs.
He's in size 2 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. 

He rolled over from front to back at 5 weeks old!  I thought maybe it was a fluke but he did it about 5x in one evening and then a few days later he rolled the other direction!  My babies are very, very physical I guess is what this means. Leo didn't roll until 8 weeks, which we thought was early!
Houston is very strong.  He holds his own head up well and prefers to be sitting up on your lap rather than laying down like a baby! When I sit him in a chair to take a picture he doesn't even fall over, haha. I remember trying to get a picture of Leo at 1 month old sitting up in a chair and he just kept slumping over.  Houston's been working his core muscles. 

Houston had his first bottle this week.  I got a pump with my insurance this time and I've decided that I'm going to make more of an effort to pump and have bottles on hand so I can have a tiny bit more flexibility!  Leo took a bottle probably like 10x ever.  Houston has already had 3!  He doesn't like it too much... but he'll learn, right? 

Last night was Houston's best night of sleep yet.  He went down around 8pm and didn't wake up until 1:15am! Then after eating he went right back down until 4:30, woke up to eat, right back down, and didn't wake up until about 7:45!
I have felt surprisingly rested since he was born, but this morning I felt especially good!
I don't know if it has made a difference at this point, since Houston is still so little, but I have been very purposeful about putting him down in his bed around 8pm every single night since he was born. His first stretch of sleep is always the longest - so that means I've been in bed by 9pm almost every night too! whatever works. 

I guess there's not much else to say about a 6 week old baby.
They eat - Houston eats great! and fast! Which has been awesome, Leo was a much slower nurser.
They sleep - Houston sleeps pretty good I think!  And he's having much longer periods of being awake during the day now. 
They go through lots of diapers and they spit up - Houston hasn't yet had a "blowout" though.  Should I even say that?  Is he going to poop all over me tomorrow? Maybe I was just proactive with sizing up in diapers!  We haven't yet used cloth with him yet.  We received so many diapers at our shower that we haven't yet had to buy any! I'll start cloth as soon as we run out of these though!  And as for spit up, he spits up about every other day it seems... or just tiny little bits here and there.

I really can't say enough how precious this little guy is.  He's a newborn that I would actually keep as a newborn forever.  I'm not wishing this stage away at all.  I would sit and hold him all day long if I could. 








Houston's first time on a boat - at the zoo! 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...