Saturday, March 19, 2011

3 little birds.

I just had the most relaxing experience. probably of my life.
I am not one to relax.  I get bored laying on the beach.  Showers & baths are annoying.  I speed through books.  you get the idea.

Just about 20 minutes ago I was on my way home from St. George's (again! had to pick up something for the craft tutorial I'm doing tomorrow for the SOs!)

I climbed in a reggae bus, hot and sweaty.  We zoomed through the narrow streets of the city and once we got to the Carenage Bob Marley's 3 Little Birds comes out the speakers.  Don't worry about a thing,  every little thing gonna be alright.  It just sent a wave of relaxation over my body.  I closed my eyes, let the wind blow in my face, and just reveled in the fact that I was on a reggae bus in the Caribbean listening to Bob Marley.

and then I wanted to cry.  I have to leave here!  in December! I don't think I realize how much I am going to miss Grenada.  This place has changed me.  Made me notice the world around me and the brokenness and the beauty. 
It is forever etched on my heart, a special place to me.

I am vowing to cherish every minute of these last 9 months I get here. 
and listen to more Bob Marley

here's to a relaxing afternoon for you too

3 comments:

Travel With Lulu said...

I had a similar experience when I heard the James Bond theme a few months ago (expat in England). It made me so excited to be here! Sans your sun and beach :) This would be the perfect post to add to my Expat Linky Party if you'd be interested. XOL

Iota said...

Came here from the Expat Linky Party. Lovely post. Yes, it is hard to think of leaving a place that has been home.

Anonymous said...

One of my all time favorite songs! Lovely blog friend :)
I'm your newest follower!
~Angel @ www.livinginaperrytale.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...