Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Houston 4 Months

I found a few minutes to sit down with my actual computer and blog about Houston's 4th month.
Its amazing how little I used a computer these days. I use my phone for everything!
But I'm sure you do too.  You're probably reading this on your phone, huh?


As I start pretty much every single monthly update (and probably will forever) Houston is the SWEETEST baby! Ah that kid is just the kind of baby you can't stop kissing and squeezing.  He has chunked up a bit and his legs are just the absolute perfect size for squeezing and the rolls. And the cheeks.  Ooooooh those cheeks.  They are perfect.

I don't know how much Houston weighs yet.  I'll try to remember to update that when I find out because it is really nice to be able to read back and know little details like that.  Hence why I'm trying to keep up with these monthly posts.  It's fun to read back on Leo's and compare.
All that to say, I don't know how much he weighs, but I know he is a big boy.  He's getting so heavy that I can barely carry him in his carseat anymore! He's wearing size 3 diapers and 9 months clothes!

Even though he's big it hasn't slowed him down from moving!  He loves to scoot himself around and this week began rolling from his back to his belly! The first time he truly got completely flipped over was in the middle of the night so I missed it. And the next time I was in the kitchen and he was in the living room floor so I missed it again!  Still haven't caught it on video yet either.
He'd been sooooo close to rolling for seriously weeks now and I probably have 18 videos on my phone of times I thought was going to be it!

Houston is the smiliest baby I have ever seen.  Seriously he never stops smiling.  He wakes up smiling and smiles at me in the middle of the night.  All you have to do is make eye contact with him and his whole face bursts into a smile.  Ah it makes my heart melt. He smiles when I wink at him, like he knows that the wink is a secret little code between us.  Oh that baby.
He's been laughing out loud too.  He has a deep giggle that sounds like its coming from his toes.
He's so easy to make laugh.  He's ticklish under his chin, on his ribs, his legs, his feet. haha

Funny story, the other day Houston was laying in the floor and Leo was standing on the couch.  I told Leo to get down he was going to fall.  While he was climbing off the couch he sorta fell onto the floor and Houston laugh and laugh and laughed.  It was hilarious. I can only imagine how fun life is going to be as they get older because it is so incredibly fun right now.

Houston is nursing great. Eating about probably 6-7x a day (including middle of the night) He is a very quick nurser. 10 minutes tops. I'm really not looking forward to feeding him real food because I know it won't be as easy.

I won't say that Houston is sleeping great, but it's not what I'd call terrible.  There were a few nights a couple weeks ago that I would definitely call horrible.  I know they say that babies go through a 4 month sleep regression.  I was joking with a friend that my kids are advanced so he went through it at 3 months. ha. But I really do hope that was it and there isn't another one coming up!!
He is currently waking up about twice a night.  He was only waking up once for a long time... but then we had that rough patch once I stopped swaddling him and he still had the startle reflex going on... Now he sleeps in long sleeved footed pjs.

Here's a sample of our daily schedule -

7am Leo wakes (ugh Leo....)
I drag myself out of bed and get like an hour or 2 of one on one time with Leo because Houston likes to sleep in.  We do puzzles, play on the back patio with chalk, draw, build with blocks... 
8:30-9:00 Houston wakes up and I feed him
10:30-11 Feed Houston and he naps for about an hour - usually in his car seat because we are almost always going somewhere in the morning - library, gym, park, shopping, mops, etc.
12:00 - Leo and I eat lunch
1:00 - All 3 of us read books in Leo's bed for nap time.  We read one book to Houston specifically - I try to get Leo to "read" it and then I read 3 books to both of them. Leo naps for 2-3 hours.
1:00-2:00 - Houston and I have one on one time :)
2:00ish - Houston eats and takes an afternoon nap - on a good day it's about 2 hours.
2-3:30ish - usually both boys are sleeping and so I watch a show and craft or pack up something to ship and on rare occasions clean...
4:00 - I don't know we just play.
5:00 feed Houston and start making dinner
5:30-6:30 eat dinner depending on what time Lee can get home
7:15 bedtime! I usually handle Houston while Lee puts Leo to bed.
Then I watch my shows, work on projects, blog (ha yea like once month...) and go to bed around 11 or 12.
somewhere between 2-4 am Houston will wake up to eat and then again about 2-3 hours later.

And then we get up and do it all over again!  I really, truly, deep down inside love being a mom though. I think I'll do a post about stuff that's going on with me soon too, but for now I'll just say I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing and life is good.

Pictures!

caption copied from facebook :) 
Getting ready for bed tonight I said Leo do you know that Houston will be your very best friend someday? And my precious, wise beyond his years 2 year old said - Houston is my best friend now! ðŸ˜­and my heart melted into a giant puddle.






Houston's first football game! 


Houston's eyes turned a definite brown this month! 



Baby rhyme time! 

This month he started playing in his exersaucer and his jumperoo.  He loves to be standing up! 






And I forgot to mention that Houston has his first trip to Disney this month too!! He was the perfect little baby the entire day and we had so much fun.  I am totally a disney weirdo now.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...