Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Postpartum hair

I'm almost a year postpartum and my hair is seriously out of control!  At about 3-6 months postpartum I experienced a lot of hair loss.  It was especially noticeable around my forehead.  I had some pretty thin spots!
Now 6 months later I have more new hair growing in than I know what to do with!  I have these curls popping up all over my head!!! It is impossible to wear my hair in a pony tail or bun without a head band and when I wear it down I still have a few rogue hairs doing what they please - which is usually sticking straight up!



I told Lee I was just going to cut bangs to incorporate all these new hairs and he adamantly said no.  He hated when I had bangs!  So I sometimes when I really want to feel like my husband thinks I'm beautiful I pull all the hairs down and roll them under......... haha!

The good news is that my hair is GROWING!
It might be longer than it has ever been.  It's close between now and when we left Grenada.
It's passed my belly button and depending on what pants I'm wearing it touches my waist band!
I definitely need a cut, I just haven't made the time!

I sent this pic to my niece the other day.  We have an ongoing "who's hair is longer" battle.
I'm currently in the lead ;)

Thankfully I live in the sunshine state and 9/10 have a pair of sunglasses pushed up on my head taming my wild mane!

Anyone experienced insane hair loss and regrowth after having a baby?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I definitely got all those little baby hairs! And they definitely liked to stick straight up too!!

Sara Whitsitt said...

I've got those baby hairs too! And thankfully they are filling in my pregnancy induced receding hairline! And your hair is beautiful!

Catching Up With The Connolly's said...

My hair was just a mess in general after having Ryleigh. It was shedding like crazy! I cut 8 inches off and it helped but now my hair is short and Im still getting used to it. At least I know it will grow a lot when I get pregnant again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...