Sunday, January 25, 2015

11 months old

Today is the actual day that Leo is 11 months.
I really, really, really need to write these posts at the correct time so I don't forget all the adorable little details!!

My little guy is so fun and so full of personality.
He seriously thinks he's like a 2 year old.  He loves to be around bigger kids and tries to imitate them... and I mean big kids, like playing basketball with the teens at church or our 6 and 8 year old neighbors.  He gets right in there and tries to take over.
I'm sometimes afraid that I have made him too independent or too brave.  I hope he's not a bully!
At the playground he'll "run" all over and try to climb and if I'd let him he'd probably go headfirst down the slide.
I see many bumps and bruises in my future........

While he is a rough and tough baby he is also becoming a lot more affectionate and sweet.  He gives kisses, hugs, and will come running to you if you hold out your hands for him.
Last night Lee and I were laying in the floor playing with him and he kept coming over and attacking our faces in big slobbery kisses.
He has started this huge smile with a scrunched up nose and it seriously is the best, second only to the little shy, chin to the chest grin I get when I peak at him through the car window or play peakaboo through the back window while I'm getting in the trunk.  My heart can barely handle it!

His favorite things to play with his his daddy's full size basketball.  He gets his little arms around it and "dribbles" and shoots it into his exersaucer! haha!  It is the best!  I'm pretty sure we're getting him a baby basketball hoop for his birthday.

He also still loves music, including his drum, ukulele, and piano.  Ah and he's also learned how to play the harmonica! haha!!

After sports and music his favorite thing to do is read books.  Such a well rounded baby, huh? lol! I love to read to him and let him turn the pages.  His favorite books are pop up books, but they are also his favorite to destroy.... so he only gets to read those under close supervision.

He's so fun to make laugh.  He giggles every time I say - eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww or hiccup! hahaha he even laughed hysterically at my mom the other day when she was choking...... :/ need to work on appropriate times to laugh I guess.

He isn't saying any words that well, but he "talks" all the time. He says Dada and Daddy but not Mama.  Sometimes he'll accidentally make the M sound and I'll get excited, but nope. no mama.
His newest is saying "oooooohhhhhh" usually while pointing at something.  He loves to point.

At my MOPS group he was moved up to a classroom with the bigger/walking kids.  He went right in and started playing like it was no big deal.  He was the youngest by several months but you'd never know it.  I've been running into people not believing me when I tell them how old he is a lot lately.  Like I would lie about the age of my baby.  I might lie about MY age... lol, but not Leo's... not yet anyway.  Maybe like when he's 2.25 and under 2 is free, hahaha. ok not even then. promise.
I just have a unusually huge kid.
I baby sat for a 2 year old yesterday and Leo is the same height.
He wears 24 month clothes and size 5 shoes now.   Thank goodness for Once Upon a Child or else I wouldn't be able to afford to keep this kid clothed!
I really hope he's not like 7 feet tall.  About 6'6 maybe 6'7 would be ok.  But taller than that it's like he HAS to be good at basketball or else he's just weird. haha.  I mean obviously he'll be good at basketball............ but just in case ;)

And in true big boy fashion he loves to eat.  His favorite by far is grapes.  He could eat pounds and pounds of grapes if I'd let him... but have you seen the price of grapes? haha.  He gets like 10 a day ;)
He loves yogurt, oatmeal, peanut butter, and fruit - clementines, bananas, apples, grapes, kiwi, watermelon, and strawberries are his favorites.  I've started mixing chia seeds soaked in almond milk in his oatmeal and he eats it right up.
He likes chicken, turkey, sweet potatoes, cheese, spaghetti, pizza, veggie burgers, hard boiled eggs, and any kind of bread or cracker.  He will sometimes eat fish, beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes, and other veggies but not consistently.  He will eat ANYTHING if it is dipped in guacamole or hummus though. hahaha!  Baby loves those two things so that's how I get some extra vegetables in him. Sometimes I just feed him it by the spoon full, especially in restaurants.  I'll order guacamole and this baby eats it all!
Oh and green smoothies!  He loves to drink through a straw and drinks a couple cups a water a day and so whenever I make myself a smoothie I give him some  too and he has no idea it's healthy :)
I usually put - spinach and kale, frozen fruit - like pineapple, banana, peaches, strawberries, blue berries, flax seeds, and almond milk.

I'm still nursing Leo (yay!!!! I feel like I've won an Olympic medal for this) and plan on continuing to nurse him for a little while longer.  Right now I'm feeding him 3 or 4 times a day depending on what's going on. I will probably gradually go down to twice a day after he turns a year old.  I don't know why, but I'm just weirded out about giving him cows milk.  Lee and I have completely stopped drinking milk and only do soy or almond, but they don't have enough calories to switch him straight over to that after he stops nursing.  Lee thinks I should just give him cows milk, but I know breastmilk is better for him so I figure I might as well keep doing that for a while and giving him almond or soy milk here and there.  If you'd asked me when he was first born I'd have said I'm JUST trying to get to 6 months.  And then at 6 mos I'd have said JUST until a year.  Well that year came fast!
Part of me would like to keep nursing him until the next baby comes so that I won't have a terrible transition back to nursing.  It was SO painful, but then I'd have to deal with him being so sad and jealous that a new baby would be nursing... so scratch that plan.
I guess I'm just playing it by ear.

He's sleeping through the night really well again.  Thank goodness!
He still wakes up at about 6am though and most  days I can nurse him and put him back in bed and he'll sleep for another hour or 2, but some days our day starts at 6am.  ugh.

His schedule has been SO chaotic with the continual rotation of visitors we've had at our house and my job as tour guide.  He's taken so many naps in the car, in his stroller, in my lap, etc that it's actually be hard to get him to sleep at home.
We have 2 weeks (whoopie) with no one at our house and I'm really really hoping to get him on a decent nap schedule and have him want to sleep in his bed.

Alright so enough talk.  Here's this month in pictures :)


Hanging out with his uncle Torrey 


basketball baby 



He loved motorcycles!! He loves to see them when we're out on a walk! 


Nanny came to visit us for 10 days!
(I told you we had visitors like crazy)

we're finally getting to the point where he doesn't just shove hand fulls of sand in his mouth.....






My sweet happy Leo!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely photos. :)

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

Did you have your baby on the Island?
My husband is applying and we are trying to figure out what is best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...