Sunday, April 27, 2014

2 months old!

Leo at 2 months old is really one of the happiest babies I've ever seen.
But then again I haven't really spent this much time with a baby, so I don't know.
But he really is happy!  The only time he cries is when he's hungry.  Which is often.  And in case you were wondering, breastfeeding is still not my favorite thing to do. 



He smiles all the time now and has begun making cooing noises.  It is so adorable!! 
I spend the entire day saying "oh Lee look!"  "Lee listen!" "did you see that?!" :)
We're pretty much obsessed with this little bot.
{I don't know why, but I started calling Leo my baby bot one day and it just stuck.  I call him a bot all the time now. I don't know...}
Leo is still sleeping about a 5 hour stretch each night followed by a couple 2.5-3 hour stretches.  His longest yet has been 5.5 hours.  No complaining here, but looking forward to longer stretches!

The big event in Leo's world is that he rolled over from front to back!
The first time may have been an accident.  He was sitting up on his elbows in the middle of the living room in front of half of my family and rolled over and the whole family screamed and cheered and it was hilarious!! But I thought it was a fluke because he didn't do it again for about a week, and then one day he just toppled over when he was playing in the floor.  I grabbed my camera and he did it again!
By 9 weeks he became a rolling baby when I put him on his tummy! 



Other big events in Leo's life include finally meeting his Poppy!! My dad.
Due to lots of circumstances he wasn't able to come to MI to meet Leo and we weren't able to go down, but finally when Leo was 8 weeks old he met his Poppy.
It was love at first sight for both of them.  I can tell that they will be the best of friends.
I have the sweetest video.




Leo also got to meet more aunts and uncles and cousins who were all at Nanny and Poppy's for Easter!  His first Easter!
He even did an egg hunt. sorta.
He received his first Easter basket with lots of goodies like a stuffed bunny, baby on board sign, swim diaper, outlet covers, a baby basket ball, and some candy for mom.... :)

Later that week he met two new friends and my friend from Grenada!  First we met Jessie, Brad, and Easton.  And a couple days later we met halfway with Amber and Jack at the New River Gorge Bridge and had a great afternoon hanging out and enjoying the beautiful spring weather. 

Leo turned 8 weeks in Ohio and 2 months old in Chicago! 

We went to Chicago so Lee could speak at a information session about SGU.
It was such a fun trip (minus a flat tire on the way........ another first experience for Leo, eh?)  They put us up in a fancy hotel downtown and paid for everything!
While Lee was in the session Leo and I went shopping and toured the Magnificent Mile.  Once Lee was done we hit up Millennium Park and Shedd Aquarium.
As usual, Leo slept through pretty much all of it :)
He is still the best little traveler - thank goodness!  We've done enough of it and aren't finished yet!!
We're going to Hawaii in May for Aunt Amber's wedding and then the big move to Florida! 






Poppy! 

Cousins!

















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...