Saturday, December 7, 2013

27 weeks! (and 1 day)

Hello 3rd trimester!!!

I really feel like I've been cheating this whole pregnancy thing... I can't believe we're in the final stretch and I have yet to actually start feeling pregnant much.  Some days I feel like I ate a little too much, but I haven't experienced any of the typical symptoms.
Thankfully this little boy likes to move around and reassure me that he's there and happy!

I can still do basically everything I did before being pregnant - like sit straight up from laying down, wear my jeans (although all dress pants are all out at this point), go the entire day at work without feeling tired, bend over and touch my toes. lol. you know all that stuff I expected to change by now.  I'm guessing weeks 27-40 will begin to be a little more trying...
Oh and I got another eye infection this week.  Number 4 since being pregnant!  What's the deal?

This week I go for my glucose test and to see my OB again.  Not looking forward to the test, but just for the fact that I have to lose an entire hour + doing it and this is like one of the craziest weeks of my life.
I have to work everyday AND finish up my classes, as finals are Friday!!
This weekend I need to get a big paper finished, find time to prepare a lesson for Sunday School tomorrow morning, AND bake 4 dozen cookies for the women's Christmas party at church.....
and get ready for our office Christmas party on Thursday
and our baby shower is next weekend in Ohio so we have to drive back down there!  Thankfully my best friend, mom, and sister are taking care of all of that and all I have to do is show up! :)

Lee is leaving tomorrow to go to Florida again for another interview!  We're getting anxious about this residency process and trying to decide which places to rank top... it is so stressful.

Oh and did I mention that we got a new camera?!  Black Friday we got an amazing deal on a new Nikon DSLR to take lots and lots of pictures of our new baby boy :) :)
So my pictures will hopefully be getting better... but I don't really know how to use it yet so these are just on auto.
I think this weeks picture actually looks smaller than last week.... guess that's what 2 days of being home at mom and dads AND eating multiple Thanksgiving meals will do to you!  This week we were able to detox some of those mashed potatoes and pie out of our system ;) and it looks like at least the top of my belly is smaller, haha!


Here's how we're looking from the front... pants are still buttoning and belly button is still in, but I think I'm getting the dark line up my belly... it's very faint but it's there.


How far along: 27 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain:  oh man... I've gained 20 pounds!  If I gain one more a week until the baby comes I'll have gained 33 pounds... just under the recommended 35, yikes hopefully I can manage that. 
Maternity clothes: not yet.  I'm in that in between stage where some of my regular clothes don't fit, but the maternity clothes make me look like a huge puffy marshmallow.  It's kinda difficult getting dressed each day.  I usually end up wearing a dress. 
Stretch marks: no
Sleep: Good
Best moment of this week: last night I finished a paper for a class and realized that even if I don't turn in the last assignment I'll still get a B, so an A is pretty much guaranteed!  Trying to keep this 4.0 up! 
Miss anything:  Nope
Movement: Yep, lots of movement.  
Food cravings: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: yep
Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: in
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy 
Looking forward to: finishing school so I can focus on Christmas!  I haven't bought or made any gifts or actually decorated this place! :/ it's going too fast! 



1 comment:

Reece said...

you look great! I can't believe you've gained 20lbs, are you sure you're scale has good batteries, hahaha! glad you are feeling great! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...