Monday, December 2, 2013

26 weeks 3 days

Everyday we get closer to the 3rd trimester!!
Did you consider 27 or 28 weeks the start of the 3rd trimester?  There is conflicting data online.  Not that it really matters, just curious.

This week we went to Ohio for Thanksgiving and had a great visit.  We were there from Wednesday night late until Sunday afternoon.  I think I gained at least 5 pounds from eating 2 Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday, lots of leftovers, movie pop corn, our favorite pizza place TWICE, and pumpkin pie and cool whip for breakfast everyday... so..... yea. Tonight we're having chicken, rice, and vegetables. haha.

We got to spend time with 8 of my nieces which is always lots of fun.  Lee and I got lots of practice in with my 9 week old niece Rynnlee!  She is just the sweetest little baby... and at 9 weeks is probably the size Lee and I's baby boy will be at birth! haha!

In terms of the pregnancy things are still going pretty much the same.  No more headaches after that one awful week and I think it was from this soy milk drink that we had.  It was something we'd never had before so maybe I had weird reaction to it?  I haven't had any since and no more headaches, so whatever the reason is I don't mind!  Just glad they're gone!

I've gotten a little bigger this week, but it's still high enough that my pants fit!  Depending on what I wear I can still pass for not pregnant and at church this weekend people were still finding out and SHOCKED that I'm 26 weeks, haha!  My mom, grandma-to-be must not be doing a very good job advertising this baby... or people just don't listen because I'm pretty sure it's been announced.  And my baby shower is in 2 weeks!

Lee and I are pretty set on a name, we think.  We've been talking to our baby a lot and trying to get used to the name and see if he likes it.... I think he does :)
It's so cool that I'm actually growing a human being inside of me... sometimes Lee is just like mesmerized that there is actual life inside of me - moving and kicking.  It's so fun.  I can't wait until he's here and we're a little family.  Lee is going to be the best daddy... I hope my baby doesn't like him more than me! haha! It's very possible.

I only have 2 weeks left of school until I'm off for a month for Christmas!  Thank you Jesus! I need a break, this has been a tough semester - lots of writing.  And it hasn't helped that a couple of those weekends that I've had a paper due we've been traveling... oops.  Soon I'll be able to focus all my evening and weekend attention on Christmas DIYs - Yay!

Ok, this week's picture - I think I look HUGE in these pictures... bigger than I feel or think that I look. eek!




How far along: 26 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain:  not sure, haven't weighed myself since Thanksgiving so I'm guessing it's up there... 
Maternity clothes: not really, I still have several pairs of jeans and 2 pair of dress pants that fit and all my regular dresses fit for the most part.  This weekend I did wear my first maternity shirt though!  
Stretch marks: no, I've been increasing my coconut oil regime and drinking lots of water because apart from heredity I think hydration is my only defense. 
Sleep: Good, this weekend though I did wake up earlier than necessary 
Best moment of this week:  being home and cuddling with my nieces :)
Miss anything:  Not really 
Movement: Yep, lots of movement.  
Food cravings: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: yep
Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: in, it appears to have stopped stretching at this point so maybe we'll keep it in? It was pretty deep to start with. lol 
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy 
Looking forward to: My mom coming this weekend and going to Frankenmuth - the Christmas village! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...