Friday, November 22, 2013

25 weeks!

I've always liked the number 25.  I think it's because Christmas is on the 25th.  Speaking of which, I'm putting up our tree and decorations today!!!

25 weeks hasn't been too much of a change from 23 and 24 weeks in the way that I feel, but my belly is definitely growing.  I am still able to disguise my pregnancy if I want, but at this point pretty much everyone I know, knows, so I've been wearing more fitted clothes to show the bump.  People love the bump!

I had my first person recognize that I was pregnant this week without me telling them.  It was a female patient and thankfully her first thought was that I was pregnant and not just fat! haha

Word has spread like wildfire through our patients.  We have a large group that go to the same church and as soon as one heard they ALL knew!

My favorite reactions have definitely been from our male patients.  It's cute to see men get so excited over a baby. And when I tell them it's a boy it's all over.  They instantly start telling me about how great life is with a son and gushing over their own children.  It's adorable.
We even had an older male patient come tell me about how I could find great deals on baby stuff at estate sales, haha. 
But unfortunately after it has sunk in that I am going to have a baby they all realize that means I won't be working there this Spring and they get sad :(  It is nice to be appreciated though.

Let's see... what else is new?  Lee is on his 8th interview today.  We think that he is only going to do 9.  He feels pretty confident that he's going to match at one of these places so we're going to cut back and save some money on traveling.  Thank goodness! 

OH! and Lee's sister got engaged last week!! I'm getting ANOTHER brother-in-law!  That makes 6 brothers for me and 6 uncles for my baby!  What a lucky little boy! All these awesome manly men in his life to set a great Christian example for him.  Also, side note, my baby probably has the best looking compilation of uncles ever.  Obviously I think my brothers are good looking, but my sisters and sister-in-laws haven't done too shabby for themselves either.  
And, the rumor has it that they will be having a destination wedding to somewhere tropical :) :) :)
Baby Coghill will be going on his first vacation this spring/summer and thankfully with lots of family to help so maybe Lee and I will get a chance to relax a little too before residency starts!   

Ok, this week's picture... there is definite change!  I totally shouldn't have skipped week 24, because there is a pretty significant change from 23 to 25, but oh well.
I'll have to remember to take one when I'm home this weekend at my parents for week 26! 

and earlier today at Target... there is still a lot of fluctuation in size throughout the day, especially after I eat... I get pretty large. haha.


How far along: 25 weeks 
Total weight gain:  14 lbs, weighed myself at work yesterday and it was still 14... maybe this weight gain will slow down just a smidge. 
Maternity clothes: no, but I think I'll have to go to a transitional dress stage because my pants are getting too tight.  Good thing I have tons of dresses. 
Stretch marks: nope, although I'm convinced I'll get them.  My skin hates to stretch. 
Sleep: Pretty good, except for that leg cramp I got this week. ugh. I'll blame high heels for 12+ hours for that though.
Best moment of this week:  Our ultrasound on Monday!  It is pure torture to see that little guy's face and not be able to hold him and kiss him.  These next 15 weeks will be forever long. 
Miss anything:  Not really 
Movement: Yep, lots of movement.  
Food cravings: no, but I just like food a lot. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: Yes 
Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: in, but it is getting wider. 
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy 
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving and seeing my family!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...