Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happiness Challenge

Several months ago our preacher spoke about this study that showed people who wrote down 3 things they were thankful for each night were happier and less depressed.
Sounds easy enough, right?   Read all about it here!
Showing gratitude enhances how we feel and increases our overall satisfaction with life.  But we often focus on the bad and completely forget when good things happen to us.  We should be making a point to remember all the little good things that happen to us during the day.
There is even a website that will email you every single night and ask you for your responses and then store them privately!
I think we could all benefit from getting a little happier right?! 
I'm going to post them here.  Maybe not every single day, because I plan on actually writing them down. with a pen and paper -what!  But some days.  here goes.


1.  Today I went over to my friend Kensi's house to drop some stuff off and got to sit and talk for about an hour and hold her precious little 4 month boy.  It's nice to get to talk/vent to other med-school wives who relate to our situation!

2.  This morning I woke up to the sun shining in our bedroom window.  It was warm and beautiful. 

3.  I made homemade pizza with a new whole wheat flour and it was so good!  I am always really happy when I cook new things and they turn out good.  Have any of you baked cookies or anything else with wheat flour??

4.  Tonight Lee and I went to play volleyball with the teens from our church.  I played only because it was so cold in the gym I couldn't sit, but actually ended up enjoying myself.  I am a terrible player, but was never picked for a team last and actually made it over the net most of the time!  Lee is such a great influence on these teenage boys and they all look up to him.  My husband overflows my heart.

5.  After church we went to 7-Eleven because Lee knew how much I would love a donut.  I got their new skinny salted caramel mocha too.  It was delicious!  and the reason I'm up at 1:30am writing this/doing homework.  Thankful for 7-Eleven and their late night bounty of sugary goodness.


Want to join me in appreciating your life more?  All you need is 5 minutes and a pen :)
Come on lets get happy....

1 comment:

cairncottage said...

Hi, Kelsey! Actually, this is a subject very near and dear to my heart. I started a gratitude list over 2 years ago and just keep adding to it on my blog, as well. It started when I read the book, "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp (which is an awesome book). Her book changed my joy level 100 fold! She also has a blog called "A Holy Experience". She is an amazing writer! She also has a weekly link-up called Multitude Mondays, where anyone can link their list to her blogpage. I hadn't heard about the automatic e-mail reminder. That's great! I may try it, just to remind me to write down things daily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...