Friday, May 6, 2011

My Old Kentucky Home.

today I am feeling a little homesick.
this morning I watched the Today Show (like every morning of my life since 8th grade) and they had a lot of specials about Mother's Day and about the Kentucky Derby.
I consider myself to be just as much from Kentucky as I am from Ohio.... I live right on the river, and while my address is Ohio, I did all my shopping and doctor visits and such in Kentucky. 
I was born in a Kentucky hospital... my passport says KY, USA :)

In my family we all watch the Kentucky Derby... my dad gets us all into it and we all pick a horse and he always yells "and they're off!" and we all yell at the TV cheering on our horse.... it really is  the most exciting 2 minutes in sports!
I will definitely be calling home to be on speaker phone tomorrow when the race starts.
This morning while they were talking all about Moms I was feeling sentimental and then they played "My Old Kentucky Home" and it made me want to cry.
I do miss my old Kentucky home...
and I'm going in 19 days!! praise ye the lord!







ps. my goal for next year when we are living in the Ohio/Kentucky area is to go to the derby for my 25th birthday!! I'm starting to look for tickets now. and a hat ;)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awww. I feel the same way this time of year. Going to the Derby would be so fun! I hope you can go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...