Monday, January 24, 2011

indescribable.

I never want to be used to seeing the ocean.I want that feeling you get when you go to the beach for the first time in a year every single time. 
The sun warming your skin, the sound of the waves crashing, the feel of sand between your toes, the peace & awe of water as far as the eye can see.

I never want to be used to seeing buildings in a rainbow of colors, street side fruit stands, Rastafarians, and goats roaming.
Palm trees, bougainvillea bushes, cacti, and fruit trees.
Rainbows, iguanas, frangipani caterpillars, and sand dollars.

I never want to be used to the smell of spices and produce in the market, the unknowings of hoping in a Reggae bus, and sweet taste of a fresh smoothie.

I never want to be used to seeing children in stained clothes, without shoes, and wondering around with no supervision.  I never want to grow tired of hearing "Miss Kelsey!"

I never want to be able to understand the Grenadian accent or guess the weather.  It's part of the mystery.

I never want to take a sunset for granted. 


Don't jade me Grenada!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Great post! FWIW, I never got used to seeing the ocean when we lived in Hawaii, every single time we went I would think, I can't believe we LIVE here. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Catching Up With The Connolly's said...

I can't wait to live there, it is so pretty! What program did you use to make the collage on the top of you page? I love it!

Lea Liz said...

These pictures are all so amazing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...