Friday, January 3, 2014

30 and 31 weeks

I can never seem to actually write the blog and/or take a picture on the actual day anymore.  Fridays are difficult!  This past week I had absolutely no excuse.  Lee and I both had the Friday after Christmas off and we spent the entire day at home, in our pajamas (new ones he bought me for Christmas!) and did nothing of importance other than some laundry and the dishes.  So I couldn't be bothered to fix myself up for a picture I guess.
It was a great day though.  All this week has been great.  Lee and I have stayed home a lot and relaxed and watched TV and he's practiced his ukulele and I've painted.....  it's been so nice.
Lee and I have so much fun together, even if we're doing nothing.

Well I am officially in the 30s!  We're moving right along although I must admit I feel like this being pregnant thing is going to take FOREVER.  I don't have a ton of patience, but seriously I feel like I've been pregnant for bloomin eternity.  I can't imagine what it must feel like to not have like, the easiest pregnancy in the history of pregnancies.

Not a whole lot of new things with me and baby Coghill.  He likes to squirm around, more so than kicking I feel him rolling around and wiggling.  It's pretty much adorable. I love to look at his picture, although I'm sure he's changed so much since 24 weeks! He's aged months since then :)
I still don't feel that huge, which is nice. I'm starting to notice some things not fitting as well, regular shirts are sometimes too short, haha, which isn't a great look.
Sleep has become slightly more uncomfortable.  I can no longer lay flat on my back comfortably... but I'm counting making it to about 30 weeks with sleeping on my back, my preferred method, a success.  So side sleeping has been fine, except for this morning,... I fell asleep with stud earrings in and somehow I woke up with two bleeding earlobes?! I'm blaming pregnancy because that's never happened before. lol. They aren't even infected, just bleeding.

Overall things are great and I cannot complain about anything.  Except for maybe the weight gain.  It's annoying to see the scale rise so much... but honestly I haven't noticed it that much in my body so I keep telling myself it's all baby and fluids.... right? just agree.... and I suppose I'm on track with how much weight I should be gaining, I was just hoping to stay on the low end of the spectrum and I'm not.
Have I mentioned that we're going to Hawaii in May for Lee's sister's wedding?  I mean I am trying really, really hard to not focus on the physical aspects of pregnancy and get hung up on body issues when my body is doing amazing things every second of the day.  Not only did I/we create a life but I'm sustaining and nurturing this little baby.  I'm growing a human being!  Seems silly to to care about a few extra pounds, cellulite or stretch marks... but I am human, and a woman... so.... seems legit.
And then add just that bit of pressure about going to an amazing tropical island roughly 2 months after giving birth... yea... trying to stay positive about that and be glad that I have a goal to work towards, just wish it was a little further out.

Anyway,  Lee has started a new rotation - Neurology.  His next to last rotation of medical school!!! Crazy! And we're down to just 2 months until this little one makes his arrival!
We put up the crib this week!!! It's so fun to look in his room and imagine a baby in there.


How far along: 31 weeks
Total weight gain:  25lbs
Maternity clothes: I've decided I do not like maternity clothes, I have like 2 shirts that I like and  thankfully I have 2 pairs of jeans that fit for non-work days and I can wear my regular shirts and dresses and tights/leggings to work.
Stretch marks: no
Sleep: Rotating from side to side, but overall can't complain.  One day this week I may or may not have slept 11 hours straight...
Best moment of this week: spending lots and lots of time at home with Lee just hanging out and having way more fun than we should just sitting at home.
Miss anything:  This week I was seriously missing eggnog, but am not allowed to drink it b/c of the raw eggs so I tried the Silk soy milk Seasonal Nog and it is delicious!
Movement: Yep, lots of movement.
Food cravings: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: yep
Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: in
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: sooooooooo happy!
Looking forward to: Spending this weekend with my family for our little Christmas get together - weather permitting! 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...