Sunday, October 27, 2013

21 weeks

* I wrote this post on Friday, but forgot to take a picture and am just getting it uploaded now!

Baby Coghill is 21 weeks old today!
How exciting.  I can't stop thinking about how they said I might be a little further along than 21 because I just want him to be here already, so if I can move it up 5 days I want to!
According to thebump.com at 21 weeks a baby is an average of 12.2oz... and if you remember last week baby boy was 13oz, so how much bigger is he now?! The closer he gets to being a pound and that 24 week mark the more at ease I feel because I know that there have been babies born that early that have survived! Isn't that amazing?

As per usual, no big changes this week.  I have felt him move a lot more, especially in the evenings, but I've been kicked a few times at work and it's caught me by surprise.

I'm anxiously awaiting when I'll start feeling hot all the time.  Everyone says it'll happen... and as the temperatures dip into the 30s around here I am begging for some hot flashes.  I cannot get warm!
Apparently you feel warmer because of the extra blood running through your body.  I'm looking forward to some internal heat and insulation this winter.

Here are some typical symptoms for the mother at 21 weeks, none of which I have.  But why is that unusual, I haven't had any of the others either.

Heartburn or indigestion
Braxton Hicks contractions
Leaky boobs
Dry, itchy skin
Stretch marks

Wow, not missing out on a party am I?

The only thing I've noticed is some slight changes to my stomach/stomach muscles.  It is getting uncomfortable to lay on my stomach.  At the chiropractor yesterday when I went to lay down on the firm adjustment table my stomach was kinda like, hello, there's something here you can't do this much longer. Maybe next week we'll have to switch up the adjustment.
And it's also slightly harder to sit straight up from lying down.  I feel a little resistance from my muscles to cooperate.  But other than that there have been no changes to how I function or move.

I haven't told any the patients at work yet that I'm having a baby.  They are going to flip!  I don't know if you're familiar with chiropractors, but you typically visit one every week and sometimes as often as 3 times a week, so it's not like these are random people I never see.  We see each other often and talk and I've gotten pretty close with several different patients and families.  I wanted to wait until I was showing before telling and I had thought about wearing one of those shirt for Halloween that either shows the baby's skeleton or says Boo or something... but it isn't looking like I'm going to have a belly by Halloween since that's in less than one week.  Either way, it'll be fun when I finally do tell them and they're going to be shocked when I do tell them and I'm like 6 months along! haha

Also I've finished several projects for baby boy's room that I'm so excited about it and my mom has started planning my baby shower for December! yay!!! So when I'm not working or doing school work I'm probably on pinterest.

Here's this week's picture. exciting stuff.
21 weeks & 1 day :) 



How far along: 21 weeks (+ possibly)
Total weight gain: This week I've fluctuated between 5-8 lbs, this morning only 5lbs, which my pregnancy app is yelling at me about saying that I haven't gained enough weight, but I've been eating plenty. 
Maternity clothes: nope, I wear my favorite black skinny jeans about once a week and every time I pull them on I'm anxious to see if they still button comfortably and they do.   
Stretch marks: nope
Sleep: Good! 
Best moment of this week:  Last night Lee got to feel the baby kick!  I knew it'd be soon because they are getting stronger. 
Miss anything:  not yet. 
Movement: Yep, lots of movement.  
Food cravings: no, but I do love fountain pop.  I didn't drink much pop before being pregnant so it's kinda annoying that I am now because I know it isn't the healthiest... but McDonalds Sprite and Root Beer are like so delicious to me. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: no, but a couple times when I've felt the baby move it made me a little queasy. 
Have you started to show yet: no, stop asking me. 
Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: in, but it is getting bigger. haha. even Lee noticed!  I used to stick my finger in my belly button and it was a tight fit, like it'd kinda suction and now it's just a big hole and not even my thumb gets stuck. 
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: today- HAPPY!!!! 
Looking forward to: Naming this precious little one and fixing up his room!!! 

oh and  check out my yarn bomb rocking chair for the nursery! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...