Friday, October 4, 2013

18 weeks!

Today my baby is the size of a sweet potato!
And I don't know about you but I always pick the BIGGEST sweet potato the store has... so.... baby Coghill is probably keeping up with that, don't you think? :)
According to the bump.com they are probably about 5.6 inches long.
FIVE AND HALF INCHES LONG!
My baby is already getting so big!!

I am almost 100% convinced I felt the baby move 2 nights ago.  I was laying flat in bed and touching my stomach and felt a little blip (not gas :) and so I kept kinda rubbing that area and swear I felt the baby move. Something in there moved!

As of yesterday I was convinced I had a bump.  People at work are telling me they can see it and Lee agreed that there was a little something there... but seriously I woke up this morning and the bump is gone.  I think it's all just in my hips and I'm actually getting love handles.....I thought the weight was supposed to be in the FRONT.  Darn you people who told me I'd just get a little basketball belly...

Things I didn't expect thus far...
1. no morning sickness
2. not feeling pregnant at all (ok so slightly more so recently, feeling some twinges and stretches here and there)
3. no food cravings
4. no bump at 18 weeks
5. love handles
6. my hair falling out
7. dry eyes

My hair appears to be falling out more than usual, not in clumps or anything but when I wash and brush it the hair brush and floor are full of hair, more than before.  The doctor said that when you're pregnant all your hair follicles get on the same schedule and grow and fall out at the same time.  Makes some sense because I wake up some mornings with manly eyebrows that I know I didn't go to bed with...

Dry eyes - I've had 2 eye infections and feel like my contacts are lasting a shorter time period.  I've never had an eye issue before so I think it has to be pregnancy related, right?

Something I sort of expected but totally don't want - acne.
I have so many pimples on my checks :( None on my chin, nose, or forehead, but my cheeks are out of control.  And what do I do to deal with this?  Put on a ton of make up, which I'm pretty sure is contributing to more zits. ah stop!

Something that I haven't been good about keeping up with because I have felt like there hasn't been much going on is the weekly photo.  Lee and I have been doing a monthly picture that I'm really excited about, but I had intentions of taking a weekly picture of myself in the same outfit kinda thing.... well...  it's actually really hard.  Seriously!  1, I don't have a good place in this house to take one. 2, the lighting in this place is terrible. 3, Lee is never around to take it for me so I do a self timer...
Ok, so enough of the excuses, I will be better because I'm pretty positive that by week 19 I will have a more significant difference and we'll track the ever expanding waist line then.
I did take one at 10 weeks, so I found the same clothes and snapped another one.


How far along: 18 weeks 
Total weight gain: probably around 5lbs 
Maternity clothes: no, I'm wearing a pair of jean shorts today that I've had for years. (ps, It's October and warm today?!)
Stretch marks: no.
Sleep: good.    
Best moment of this week: possibly feeling the baby move!! I'm just going to say it was a little hello from our little one.  OH and Lee and I found like 3 names that we actually agree on!! Not much longer until we know boy/girl and can settle on a name!  I am ready to have that stress over with. 
Miss anything:  not yet. 
Movement: YES!
Food cravings: No.  I really thought I would... but nope. 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  nope.  
Have you started to show yet: maybe?
Gender:  no new news. 
Labor signs: - 
Belly button in or out: in 
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Happy or moody most of the time: Well did you read the last post? haha... so both emotions.  Today I'm going through all the baby stuff I've collected thus far, mostly vintage books and toys, and feeling so excited about the nursery!!  It's a happy day. 
Looking forward to: a baby bump and hoping that I don't regret saying that! 

2 comments:

Amber said...

AHHH! You look so pretty! Josh makes fun of me for how much my hair falls out. I think it's getting better though so yours should too. But the first like 24 weeks it was just falling out in huge clumps. I thought I was going to go bald!

Shannon said...

Yes, the dry eyes are normal for some; my friend wore contacts and they kept falling out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...