Sunday, January 13, 2013

What we ate - January 7th-13th

This is what Lee and I ate for dinner this past week.
Sneaking in those "super foods" as often as possible and skipping the carbs when we can too...
We eat cereal and a banana almost everyday for breakfast.
I usually eat leftovers or peanut butter sandwich and yogurt for lunch and Lee eats in the cafeteria at the hospital.
If I need to snack I have dried cranberries or other fruit.... and we're still working on that bag of chocolate covered peanuts from Christmas...

Monday
Garlic & herb chicken (I buy the boneless skinless tenderloins rather than breasts now b/c they are much smaller, thus easier to control portion size)
Sweet Potatoes (with NO brown sugar anymore! just butter, it's seriously still good)
Broccoli
- Apple slices for dessert

Tuesday
Salmon
Rice
Carrots
Watermelon

Wednesday
Stir-fry - chicken, left over rice from night before, broccoli, carrots, peppers, onions, and teriyaki sauce

Thursday
Hamburgers - Lee had dinner ready for me when I got home! so sweet. and anytime he makes dinner it's typically hamburgers... but this time he made sliders and had tons of little toppings.  My favorite was the guacamole and tomato. 
and I had got a snack tray on clearance at Kroger with apples, grapes, and cheese cubes ($1.50!)  So I felt like I ate my weight in apples... which is good right?

Friday
Turkey sandwiches - 12 grain bread, oven roasted deli turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and avocado/guacamole - toasted! it's one of my favorite things to eat ever.
Salad with snap peas (another Kroger discount) and I like to put guacamole on my salad now too instead of dressing
Berries for dessert

Saturday
Burritos - chicken, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, corn, black beans
Rice
Whole wheat tortillas

Sunday 
Left over burritos and this was our "cheat day" so I actually had a burrito for lunch and ended up eating popcorn for dinner. haha! 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I LOVE teriyaki! I couldn't (for the life of me) figure out how to freaking make this recipe because most of them always seem to call for teriyaki sauce- what the heck is that about? It cannot be a recipe for something if the jar/can version is in it, right?) But, when I finally did- it's not so bad. I use brown sugar (because honey is expensive here- you know) but I think that you could use honey if you are buying it, which might help some, too.

GOOD JOB, by the way! :) Sliders are so fun- and good for Lee for making so many great toppings! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...