Wednesday, June 20, 2012

playing house

I'm just going out on a limb here and guessing that some of you probably think that Lee and I are pretty boring.
Maybe not me (haha... flattering myself here) but that Lee and I as a couple are a little... well... dull.

We may not go out that often, we don't go to parties, we don't have a huge group of friends (ok that is an exaggeration we have 0 friends in Michigan) and we don't see much of each other with our schedules, the whole medical school bit, and we're usually in bed by 9pm.... so how much fun could we possibly be having?

Well let me just tell you!
My everyday life is so. much. fun.  I've been asking myself how did I get so lucky?
You may think that you know Lee.  He's level headed, calm, very strategic, and an over-all genius (perhaps you'd even use the term know-it-all? gasp)

But that's not Lee to me.

He loves me in a way that I can't even describe.  He's spontaneous and adventurous, lets his guard down, includes me in all decisions, and (thankfully for me) has a really hard time telling me no. 

I sometimes feel like we're just playing house.  The "real world" couldn't possibly be this much fun.
Married couples are boring and predicable and stressed, right?
Maybe we've just been on a good stretch, oh the last 3 years.... but I think we've got a good thing going here.

When we get home in the evenings we are so excited to see each other and have so much to talk about.  We enjoy each others company over dinner every night. (Sunday we actually just had ice cream for dinner.  Lee's idea and I did not complain).  Lee has never complained about dinner. ever. not about it being gross, or late, or non-existent.  If I haven't cooked he'll go make us both something or ask if I'm in the mood for pizza :) i

When we're out and I see somewhere I want to go he says "sure! why not".  Even if it's the 100th yard sale we've been to. 

We still act like we've just started dating (and we're going on 7 years!)  We kiss, we hold hands, he still pulls out his wallet every time we're in a restaurant even though we both know he never has money in it. lol.
And just the opposite, we act like we've known each other forever.  like we've never been apart.  We're so comfortable and know how to deal with each other.  He knows when I'm in a mood or being completely unreasonable.

We are happy with the church(s) we've found and we're involved.  This Friday we're playing volleyball with the teens and Saturday there is a dinner.  He's going to be playing the guitar soon during service.  God has blessed us abundantly.

We talk about what we want in life.
We talk about our future babies, and even though we're both more than ready and so excited, we re-assure each other the reasons it's good to wait a bit longer.  So we have a fish.  And talk to him like a child.
We talk about where we'll live someday (most recently we've been discussing Maine or Washington - just for a change of scenery :) and of course our many, many, visits to Grenada.

We laugh, we dance, we sing, we are in love.

And in the midst of all that - we pay bills, make difficult decisions, we miss our families, we have hard days at work, and we're tired. a lot. 

But it works.
And I love playing house.  just not dirty dishes.... so Lee takes care of that :)




3 comments:

Lea Liz said...

What a perfect couple :)
Love that you all are having so much fun and making the most and best of life!!!!!

Jenny said...

You guys are so cute!

Abigail said...

Lovely post! I'm so happy for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...