Tuesday, March 29, 2011

in the morning when I rise you bring a tear of joy to my eyes...

Today has been a great day, and it's only 8:30am
forget about what I said yesterday.

I got up at 6am and went running with Lee.
yes I did.
he goes running all the time & I always intend to go with him, but never do.
and I was finally just tired of not spending time with him and tired of not exercising enough
so when the alarm went off I hopped right out of bed!
I'm so proud of myself....but I bet Thursday morning will be a little tougher :/

I hadn't been running in probably a month (and not seriously in about a year) and I ran 3 miles! 
Lee ran a little bit further than me, I turned back about a 1/4 mile before Lee so I could actually make it back to our house without stopping.  I probably could have done it but I thought about it too much and wimped out. We ran from our house in LAE to Grand Anse, and then back to LAE beach.

I was so refreshing to be able to take off my shoes and dip my hot sweaty feet and legs in the cold ocean.
When Lee showed up he took off his shoes and shirt and jumped in for a swim. haha
and then we walked home holding hands the whole way.

I'll take whatever time I get to spend with him.
thank you for being such an amazing husband Lee
and Thursday I won't wimp out!


one of my all time favorite songs.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I still can't believe you ran that far! Good for you!

TiffanyClark said...

So proud of you, Kels!

Marisa said...

When I was in Grenada I always went to the circuit training classes when Andy was studying and I got so ripped! Its always great to get in the habit of working out with your man because you are both in a good mood and feel good about yourselves.

A Lost Feather said...

hi! i just found your blog :)

it must be such a beautiful place to run.. i would love to live abroad for a set amount of time, but i can definitely understand your feelings from your post below. glad you had a better day and got a nice run in! i hope i can get 1 mile in tomorrow! i am nooootttt a runner, but i'd really, really, really like to be!

chhipa said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.


Apron | Shop Towel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...