Friday, January 7, 2011

Family visit & restaurant review

I forgot to talk about Lee's family visiting.
They were here the week before Christmas, and left Christmas Day.

We did the typical stuff people do in Grenada, St. George's, snorkeling, beach, crab races, tour of the school, our house, University Club, visited the orphanage and Dorothy Hopkins Center...
and ate out. a lot

There were a couple new restaurants that we went to, well new to Lee and I.
including BBs Crabback.  Crabback? I don't know what that means, I had always heard it called Crabshack... at least that's what I thought I heard.
but BBs was a success.  everyone really enjoyed their food!  Its located at the end of the Carenage, right on the water, so it was a nice view too.
Lee's sister tried Lambie.  Lambie is the meat/animal inside of a conch shell!  I tasted it & it wasn't too bad... sounds much worse that it tastes.

 Lambie
chicken something

rice in bamboo! I want one of these so bad!! 

 my food, sweet potato and pumpkin fritters. lol



We also went to Umbrellas one night.  Umbrellas is as close as  you'll get to America in Grenada!  I loved it... right on the beach, good food, flat screen TV on the wall... haha
Everyone just got hamburgers I think, but it was still good.

We also went to:
Aquarium - which is always good!
The Owl - jerk chicken sandwiches yuuuuummmmmmm
La Boulangerie - delicious pasta
Ricks - pizza and ice cream, need I say more?
Southside Grill - or something like that, the only thing they had was Roti, which is what Lee's sister wanted.... b/c its more of a local food I guess... but I'll pass on the Roti, it's a pretty boring food if you ask me.
New York Bagel - for breakfast. the salt bagel toasted with butter  tastes just like a pretzel!
The University Club - it's pretty good... average I'd say.

We ate here for Christmas Eve, perhaps the best meal of the week! haha kidding...

It was a nice visit.  It's fun to have people to show off where we live to :)




1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't know if we could survive living there. Neither one of us likes seafood! But I did see you had some chicken in the pictures so that's good. I'm a very picky eater and therefore, I guess I'm a spoiled American!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...