Tuesday, December 21, 2010

20sb blog swap!

a few months ago I joined 20sb.net
a place for twenty-something bloggers

I signed up for a blog swap and was paired with Emily!  you can read her blog here
The challenge was to write an entry for each others blog with the topic “What will you do next year that you’ve been putting off for too long?”
you can read my entry on Emily's blog
and here is her's :)


A little less talk, a lot more action


Okay married ladies. We’ve all been there. You devote an entire year to planning your “perfect day.” You obsess over even the smallest of details and you spend a lot of money on the things that are important to you, like your wedding photographer. I LOVE scrapbooking and I love pictures and photography, so choosing the right photographer was a big deal to me.

We found the perfect photographer who actually came with two photographers, double the pictures and memories! We splurged with the cost so that we would have great pictures to remember our special day. And we got some great pictures! Here’s the problem – I haven’t done anything with them.

One of the deals that we got when we booked the photographer was a free coffee table album (this is like a $300 value!). All we had to do was the let the photographer know our favorite 80 or so pictures and she would take care of the album for us. This was a huge selling point for me and something I used to help convince the husband we should go with the photographer.

November 30, 2010 marked exactly a year and half since our wedding day. Do you think I have a coffee table album yet? Nope. Not because of delays by the photographer, but because my husband and I haven’t taken the time to pick out our favorite pictures. And by husband and I, I really mean me since I’m sure he couldn’t really care less. I can’t believe I’ve let it go this long. For someone who “loves pictures and photography,” I really haven’t made it a priority to get this album done. I’ve talked about it, I’ve thought about it and I’ve even emailed the photographer to make sure it’s not too late. But it’s never gotten further than talk, thoughts and emails. There’s no action.

In 2011, before our second anniversary, I am committed to picking out my favorite 80 wedding pictures and getting them to the photographer. And while I’m at it…since I “love scrapbooking” so much, I’m going to scrapbook our wedding album in 2011 too!

Enough talking and thinking, 2011 is going to be about DOING! Wow. I just inspired myself. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

It was fun swapping blogs and I'm glad to have "met" you! I will definitely continue following your blog and your Caribbean adventures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...