Monday, August 16, 2010

something new....

something new to me this term is using a clothesline.
I haven't had a clothesline since I was about 10 or so maybe younger... I can barely remember helping my mom hang clothes.
We do have a dryer... but in attempts to conserve energy (and our electric bill) I have been using the clothes line, so far I have had 2 successes and 1 failure.
the failure being because we are now in the rainy season and at any minute the clouds can roll in and downpour & once I wasn't quite fast enough to get all the clothes down before they were re-soaked.
but I am enjoying this little extra bit of the simple life.

3 comments:

Amber said...

my family had a clothesline we used during the summer and whenever I was in charge of getting it hung up and brought in when it was dry it ALWAYS seemed to rain. and I never got it in fast enough.

Ashley said...

I love clotheslines! We have a drier too that I use probably way too often (we haven't gotten our first electricity bill yet). But I love hanging my sheets on the line. I love the feeling of crisp sheets on my bed.

Rebekah said...

I have been hanging most of my laundry this summer, too! The drier makes the house too hot, too, raising my electric bill in another way.

There's nothing like the smell of line-dried laundry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...