Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The best beach in the WORLD... at least MY world!

haha... that is a bold statement, but Magazine Beach / Aquarium Beach is the best beach I've ever been to! and I've been to a few beaches, at least in the western hemisphere....
Waikiki & Hanauma Bay in Hawaii
Nassau, Bahamas
Cozumel, Mexico
Pensacola, Florida
Virginia Beach
a couple other beaches on the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic
and I'm even putting it above Grand Anse beach which according to the Travel Channel is in the top 10 in the world and the #1 beach in the Caribbean according to many other polls.

Magazine Beach is a lot like Grand Anse because it's on the same side of the island & only about a mile or 2 apart... just separated by Morne Rouge Beach & some rocky piers. 
It's the same in way that.....
The sand is perfect. I've never felt such soft, cushy sand and it seems like it never gets so hot you can't walk on it.... you know how some beaches you can't walk across the sand because it scorches your feet? not here.... you can just plop down in a big pile of sand and sink in and be so comfortable, well until you get up are covered in sand.  There are shells, coral, and rocks, but not enough to cut your feet or hurt you while swimming.
The water is the most gorgeous shade of turquoise blue.  This is true of most places in the Caribbean.  It still takes my breath away every single day when I go outside.
The waves are just about the right size most days.  Occasionally there are days with bigger waves, but for the most part it's just enough waves to make it look, feel, and sound like the perfect beach.

So, why is it better a mile down the road??

1. The snorkeling was mind blowing! haha seriously.... I'm not kidding.  I've never been snorkeling like that before.  I understand why it's called Aquarium now.  It literally looks like we were put in a well stocked tank.  The reef was covered in coral and urchins and fish of every size and color!  We even saw 2 octopi! and what I'm still claiming as a sea snake.. everyone said oh you probably saw an eel, BUT what I saw looks nothing like the eel's on google images and exactly like a sea snake. it was LOOOONG. probably 5 ft and really skinny like a snake. it was scary.
and to go snorkeling you don't have to go out far to see good stuff, it's 10 foot from the coast line

I didn't take these.... these are pictures I found by googleing "Aquarium Beach Snorkeling Pictures" But it's exactly what we saw!
We saw this same piece of coral today!!
there were tons of this black spiny urchins
We saw an Octopus just like this! and we saw a whiter one


sea snake!!

2. We found really really nice shells!

3.  The only other people we saw while we were there were 2, 80yr old Canadian couples, a father and son taking a walk, and about 3 Grenadians.
So we acted completely silly and took a million pictures!! It was so much fun :)
and when I say we, I don't mean Lee & I.  He unfortunately was in lab and class all morning while I was out having the time of my life.... but I want to take him here as soon as I possibly can!  Instead I went with my friend Alfonso, another SO, who is lots of fun and is always up for going on crazy adventures with me.
♥ paradise

3 comments:

Amber said...

it sounds like so much fun Kelsey :) the only snorkeling I've done was on a spring break trip to Belize..and I almost drowned haha I love swimming but it took me at least half the trip to figure out how to breathe with my mouth and not my nose. and I almost died when I kept trying to take a breath through my nose and panicking. I was a mess haha we'd love to go again though :)

Reece said...

great post! I'm glad you finally got to go! They should make an SO snorkeling day here!

Ashley said...

Hey Kelsey - this is Ashley here just blog stalking you :) haha. We've been itching to go snorkeling at Aquarium Beach. After that recommendation, we're going to have to do it this weekend!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...