Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday, Wednesday

I now have a cold... it's weird to have a cold in the heat, but I think it makes it a little better... I feel good when I'm outside, but I'm pretty congested. It's because I've been around kids everyday!
Saturday was Beach Day and I went to the Valentine's Day party and did face paintings for kids
Monday we went to Queen Elizabeth's Home
Tuesday and today I have been at the Lime's After School Program.... and I think all these kids have a consistent runny nose. I do sometimes too.... haha so I can't say much.

Today I thought our transformer blew up.... there was a loud pop and something was burning.... it was scary.  I rushed over and unplugged our computers (while Lee sat there looking around...) incase they were gonna get a power surge or something.  My computer is my lifeline here. haha what would I do without it!?
But after I returned the transformer to the hardware store & found out that it was working perfectly fine... I came home and found out that it was the serge protector that blew.  It DID protect our computers... I'll give it that  So I had to go back to the hardware store and get a new power strip and explain to the people there that they were right, my transformer does work. haha. but I had to spend $40EC on a new power bar. ugh.

Limes was crazy today.  The kids were bouncing off the walls!  I try to be as nice to the kids as possible because I'm sure they get yelled at at school and home a lot.... but MAN today I could have yelled at some kids. Throwing chairs, hitting, screaming... one boy had a nail he was sticking kids with! aaaaahhhhh.
But then there are the really sweet little ones that just want attention and I love it when they sit on my lap and let me hug them :)
Yesterday and today I had the older kids... I'm not really sure how old they are I think between 11-14 or so... a few of them are really good and helpful and actually play the games and then there are the frustrating ones that are 'too cool' for Limes. but they're still there. so they're obviously not too cool. they act like they don't want the snack or the juice... and I know they are hungry so I pretend like it'll make me happier if they eat it.  We did multiplication flash cards today & these poor kids do not know their multiplication tables!  I guess in school they get to use a chart & never had to memorize them.... jr. high kids! But they started getting the hang of it... at least x0 x5 x11 x10.... the easy ones we have established :)
Tomorrow is field day! hallelujah for being outside where they can run free without fear of them falling out a window! haha 

In other news... the grocery store was fully stocked today.  And since I had, had kinda a rough day I bought ice cream.  They had the like carboard box kid for $14EC... not too bad, considering some of the icecream is like $40EC. They usually don't stock until Thursday but I ran into Sherry and she said she heard they had milk... so I went & they had everything! even cucumbers! I hadn't seen a cucumber the entire time I've been here.
Oh the small victories living in Grenada!
I'm already starting to miss it here.... I know we have to leave in May and I'm sad. and then next December we are leaving for good.....
:( life is too short!

here are some new photo's i've picniked.


Queen Elizabeth's Home - and their new glasses :)

Limes

 
 
 You can't read it here as well.... I'm going to work on this one

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hang in there, Kels. You are doing an awesome ministry to those kids whether they know it or not. Yay for ice cream! All the picnik photos are great! You need to get your blog "out there" more somehow, I know people would love to read what its like living there. Start posting comments on some really popular blogs and try to get linked or something, serious! I love your blog, not just because you are my baby sister either!

-Kelsey Coghill said...

Aw thanks!
I have the google tracker thing.. so far like 500 people have been on my blog, from 6 countries! haha. but i don't think that most of them are also bloggers...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...