Sunday, February 28, 2010

church

I'm really happy with the church Lee and I are going to here.  It's on campus & is a non-denominational church for students and faculty.  It's actually more of a club I suppose CSA -Christian Student Association.  It only lasts about an hour and 15 minutes so students can get back to studying... compared to some of the local churches that go on for hours.
Lee is going to be singing and playing guitar and drums on the praise team!  He's so happy... he got to bring the church's guitar home with him for the next 2 weeks!  next Sunday he'll be playing the guitar and in 2 weeks he'll be leading the singing and playing, and then another week he'll be playing drums. 
I'm pretty excited... I prefer for him to be singing in church, I'm biased. and I'm happy he'll be playing and singing more around the apartment the next couple weeks :)

I recently realized this is the first time in my life that I haven't gone to a Nazarene church consistently.
I was raised in the Nazarene church since birth and even attended a Nazarene University, where I met Lee, the grandson of a Nazarene preacher, and after we were married we attended a Nazarene church in West Virginia for a few months before coming here... 

There is a Nazarene Church in Grenada.  It's on the other side of St. George's... sometime before we leave here I want to go to it.
But I'm really happy with the non-denominational thing for now.  It's not like a non-denominational church at home, which really is it's own denomination in it's self.  The people are always changing and there are lots of different speakers so we hear a lot of different points of view.
Last week they said "We're in church in Grenada, the praise team is from Africa, the speaker is from Venezuela, and the congregation is from all corners of the world"
cool, huh?
I am so thankful for a nice, contemporary church that is a two minute walk from our apartment.... and serves cookies and juice after service! 

Today the speaker talked about giving and made some really good points.  She said you can't be a future giver - thinking that you'll give money later on once you're a doctor or you'll give more of your time after school.... who you are right now is who you are.  If you can't take an hour to visit with the orphans or to go to church then you aren't going to make that kind of time 10 years down the road. 
It's tough to be a med student (or their wife) and think about giving..... it's not like any of the money we have is actually our money. we're all living on loans.
they should do a class about stewardship dealing with loans....I think some people forget that they actually do have to pay that back someday..... lol

I am so happy that right now I have the wealth of time... 
I have time to be the best wife I can be 

In Deuteronomy 24:5 it says
"If a man has recently married he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him.  For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married."

A year! Isn't that incredible... can you imagine if every newly married couple got a year to just spend with each other and nurture their marriage?  I wonder how that'd affect the divorce rate...
I feel very fortunate to have this time to spend with Lee helping him through medical school, because it's tough. and the first 4 months of our marriage Lee was able to stay home while I worked.  We haven't yet had to deal with both of us working at the same time.......... who will wash the dishes then?

and I have time to spend my time playing with kids.
I love the kids here so much... I'm so thankful to have the time to play! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...