Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Craft Day!

I got sun burnt the other day so I decided to take a break from the beach and stay home and do stuff to make it feel a bit more home-y here and occupy my time.
So I'll share my projects...
I started with this magazine.


 and folded it kinda like the Christmas trees people make out of readers digest


and made wall sconces or shelves or something.... at least they're colorful 

I went the library to use their paper cutter to cut strips of magazine for another project... I felt a little silly cutting up magazines while everyone else in their was studying, but oh well. It worked great. and I found some regular books in there... not just books about medicine. So I will be checking that out again soon.
I weaved the magazine strips into a little basket!


and then I drew a tree




this is our room... and that little "night stand" is actually our suitcases stacked on each other with a scarf I bought in New York over top... not too fancy. but it will do. I like the room better with the blinds up because the windows look like pictures because the view is so beautiful.  the rest of the room is a mess with my "crafting" so I'll post more pictures later.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

very cute! The basket turned out neat, how sturdy is it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...