Wednesday, May 18, 2016

37 weeks

Not a ton of change the past week or so, but here I am awake at 6am while Leo is still sleeping and decided I'd take a few minutes to jot down some thoughts.

I guess you could say I've been experiencing a little bit of insomnia, I don't know if you'd call it that, but I've been waking up super early and unable to go back to sleep.  It's ok, I get some stuff done or just lay in bed with my phone, something that won't probably be happening pretty soon, so I'm trying to enjoy it.  I might even go make breakfast - you know not cereal. 


Last week I had my ultrasound!  While I was very glad to see my baby boy and breathed a huge sigh of relief when they said that everything looked great, I am kicking myself a little for having the u/s done.  I'll explain. 
The reason for the ultrasound was to get an estimate of baby's size due to larger than normal fundal height measurements. I said yes to the u/s because I was so anxious to see baby boy since we hadn't seen him since 19 weeks and truthfully this Zika stuff had been weighing heavily in the back of my mind because we live in south Florida, traveled to the Bahamas, and Lee traveled to Nicaragua just before we conceived and to Honduras in my 2nd trimester.. even though neither of us had a single mosquito bite!  Pregnancy is stressful.  I am not normally a stressful person but I find myself worrying about things that are either completely out of my control or just extremely unlikely... but I think that's normal. 

Anyway, the ultrasound estimated baby to be a little over 2 weeks ahead in growth and to be about 7lbs and 10oz.  Now they can be off quite a bit.  I've heard people say their's were 2 lbs off! But the Dr. I saw that day (because I had to go to a different office for the u/s) recommended induction at 39 weeks.
Not what I wanted to hear.

So then I had the entire week to worry about a looming induction... but also slightly nervous about the fact that I was really effaced at 35 weeks and definitely didn't want the baby to come before 37 weeks. I want him to come early, but not too early. Asking a little much right? 

At my appointment Monday (37+1) I was still only dilated 1cm and I didn't get a percentage estimate about effacement but she said I was very thinned out. My dr also recommended an induction at 39 weeks.

I do not want to be induced. I probably will refuse an induction until I get passed my due date. I just don't feel like it's 100% necessary at this point. I think I can handle giving birth to a slightly bigger baby and that baby will come when he is ready. 

That being said, I really think and hope that he comes all on his own next week sometime!  I'm thinking Thursday the 26th.  The 26th would be the 8 year anniversary of when Lee and I got engaged!! 

I've started doing a few little things to help spur baby along.  Attempting to take relaxing baths, long walks, and sitting on an exercise ball. I also have a fresh pineapple in my fridge to be eaten later today. I think about Sunday, once I'm 38 weeks I'll step up my efforts and do more "tricks".
At my appointment next Thursday if baby hasn't come on his own yet I'll have my membranes stripped and wait a few days to see how that goes.  I'm feeling pretty confident that if he isn't here by Thursday I will have at least made some progress. Pray that with me! 


I'm also trying to relax... which isn't the easiest for me at this point because when I'm not thinking about when baby is coming I'm thinking about all the things I need to do before baby comes, which truthfully isn't very much. 

Yesterday I found the stroller I've been wanting and looking for on Craigslist!!! A used double BOB stroller. They're about $600 new and there's no way we were going to be paying that... so I found one for less than half on Craigslist! And did a happy dance all the way to pick it up.  It's in great condition despite being a few years old and it just barely fits into my tiny car's trunk! Thank goodness! 
I'm also considering maybe getting a super cheap front and back double stroller off craigslist also, just to have options you know, and baby's car seat could click in for the first couple months, whereas the BOB doesn't have the infant seat attachment. We just have major storage issues in this house and if possible I'd also like to keep my old Graco jogger stroller specifically for beach trips. It's already rusted and worn in, haha, And Leo is completely capable of walking to and on the beach now.  Anyway, 3 strollers and Leo's bike is going to overwhelm this little apartment... or at least my husband. 


*Side note* I'm typing this on Lee's computer, which I'm not used to, in the dark, with my glasses on and I feel like I keep hitting the comma rather than the period so bear with me in my punctuation. haha 

We've pretty much checked everything off our to-do list before baby comes! House is mostly clean (not to just keep up with it), baby's space and stuff is all ready, a few meals are in the freezer, I made lots of "busy bags" for Leo to keep him occupied (maybe I'll do a post about those soon!), I put my etsy shop on vacation and shipped out my last orders, and I finished sewing the cover for my glider I found in the trash! 

Last week I had a day "off" sorta when Lee was post call and went and had a very relaxing pedicure and my friend Alex who does face-painting and balloon art professionally asked if she could paint my belly for her portfolio because apparently a lot of people ask about having their pregnant bellies painted!  Who knew?!  I said yes because it sounded like fun and it was! 

So yeah that's it.  If you need me I'll be out on a walk or bouncing on my yoga ball over here. 





How far along: 37 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain:  34lbs
Maternity clothes: yes and no.
Stretch marks: no
Best moment of this week: picking up our stroller
Movement: yep, and I'm able to tell which parts of him he's moving, which is fun.
Food cravings: Not, not really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: uh yeah. 

Gender:  B-0-Y!
Labor signs: maybe? see above! ah!
Belly button in or out: It's just really flat now.
Wedding rings on or off: off! I took them off a couple weeks ago just in case and I am so glad that I did because my fingers have swelled a little a couple times and I would have been panicking.
Happy or moody most of the time:  anxious and nervous for sure!
Looking forward to: going to the beach on Friday and having this baby next week! ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...