Wednesday, August 31, 2011

cold in the heat

I'm currently recovering from a dreadful cold.
the kind that makes your entire body ache and your head feel like it's full of helium... but without the funny voice.
I am on the mend and excited about the week ahead!

On Friday we are having a Back To School Beach Party for the kids at Limes!
After I got the grant from SGA last term for the program I've had it in mind to get book bags for the kids and fill them with school supplies... and it's going to happen!  only even better!
My friend and co-volunteer coordinator Stephanie's mom heard about it & she and her grandma sewed the kids all adorable little bags and sent supplies.  So all we had to buy was some notebooks and since we were saving so much money we got everyone a lunch box with a tupperware and drink container inside :)
I also had a ton of stuff that was donated at the end of last term... like fruit snacks, granola bars, and post it notes, etc. (people donate the weirdest stuff I've realized)
I don't know who is going to be more excited the kids or me when I see their faces!

If you'd like to join us (please do!) we are meeting at Texaco at 9:30am to walk to the kids over to the beach for 10am.  Playing in the water and sand, starting lunch around 11:30, and then surprising them with the goodies!


On Saturday there is the already the 3rd beach day of the term and CSA's first visit to Bel Air Home for the term.  I'm so happy I've been able to visit there as well.  There are several teenage girls who are in need of some quality female bonding time and I'm excited to see them.
and there is always the babies.   The most precious little ones you can imagine!  They are in desperate need of some stimulation too...
If anyone in Grenada would like to join us on Saturday  OSO Beach Day is on Grand Anse Beach from 10-12 and CSA will be visiting BelAir from 1-3, meeting outside of Charter Hall to take a bus to the home.


I'd like to apologize for my absence in blogging (yet again). I've found it's really difficult to blog without a camera.  Both of my camera's are currently broken, go figure, and probably more about that story later when I'm feeling up to it.  But my sweet friend Cat is letting me borrow one for a bit!  So I will be taking pictures and doing some actual posts soon. pinky promise. and if not..... go read Stephanie's blog... we do a lot of the same stuff. lol.

1 comment:

TRAVEL DESIGNERY said...

Took a minute to look around and u have a really cool site :-) I added you thru Google Connect, maybe we can follow each other? I just started my blog a few months ago about travel and design and I would appreciate the support so much!.. I want to make it a place where people can come for inspiration and escape. Please come visit soon and hopefully you like it enough to follow along also :-) Glad to have found your site!

Hugs from NYC
TravelDesignery.com

.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...