Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Houston 15 Months

My sister in law asked me the other day how much Leo weighed when he was 2 and I was able to quickly check my blog and read a full account of everything Leo was doing when he was 2 years old (and basically every other month of his life) and while doing so I noticed I had not updated about Houston since his 9 month post... if I'm this bad with my 2nd kid what does this say about my future children's records?!

So this is me committing to blogging more! For my children's sake! haha!

Houston just might be one of the cutest 15 month old you've ever seen. Of that I'm pretty certain. He just makes you want to squeeze him.  He has the best smile and the shiniest brown eyes that just dance when he's happy.

He loves to dance. He likes The Office theme song! If you know me you know this is my all time favorite show so I often try to sneak in an episode while I'm cooking dinner or doing dishes and when the music plays Houston is always dancing. I just love it so much.

He is a CLIMBER! If I leave the room Houston can be found on top of the kitchen table. He climbs on the toilet, on beds, chairs, into the bathtub... He also loves to get into the cabinets and pull out every single thing, but if I just hand him a stack of Tupperware he wants nothing to do with it. lol. of course.
He loves water. Mostly dumping water out of cups, lol, but he loves the beach and the pool and his water table that we got him for his 1st birthday!

He also loves balls and playing basketball and reading books. The other day I no lie took a 5 minute video of him reading an animal book so intently... but you'll have to take my word for it because my phone desperately needs reset and I have commitment issues about deleting every thing so it didn't actually record it...
He likes to draw and eat crayons. haha. Actually maybe he just likes making messes!

We're currently working on animal sounds. He learned to say woof woof for dog while we were in Ohio in July so about 13 months I guess. And he has been saying woof for every animal since. haha! At Busch Gardens the other day he got excited whenever he saw an animal and said woof woof woof over and over.
Now he can do the trick we taught Leo about sticking his tongue out for lizard and beating his chest for gorilla. He tries to moo like a cow and sometimes will say baa for sheep.
I feel like he's going to be picking up a lot more quickly. Every time we practice he does more and more.

For a couple months he has been able to point out different body parts - head, eyes, mouth, nose, ears, and belly.  He understands a lot of other commands too. Like if I say raise your hands or show me your feet he can.

I admit I was a lot more diligent with the sign language with Leo and at 15 months he knew a lot more signs than Houston, but Houston is very consistent and good with please, more, all done, and thank you. I need to teach him more!

Houston has so many nicknames from us - Housty, Houster, H-town... none of which were nicknames I originally thought of when I named him Houston.  I thought we were going to call him Hugh or Huey lol. I love when Leo calls him a nickname though. It is so sweet.
They are the sweetest brothers. I can't wait to see their relationship form even more. But they definitely fight. Leo gets upset when Houston takes his stuff and Houston wants to do whatever Leo is doing... so that's fun. haha.

Houston is still on the slim size. We go tomorrow for his 15 month check up so I'll know how much he weighs and how tall he is then. My guess is long and thin! He's wearing 18 month clothes mostly, but can still fit his 12 month shorts.
He eats okay, but definitely not like Leo did at this age. It might be due to his environment (aka my fault) because I tend to feed him exactly what I'm feeding Leo so he eats a lot of fruit, yogurt, peanut butter, hummus, etc.  He would eat every 1500 berries a day if I let him. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are his favorites, but he likes strawberries too. He also loves to walk around the house chomping on an apple.


Houston is just the sweetest, happiest, goofiest baby. He makes himself laugh sometimes and it cracks me up.  He's super ticklish and peekaboo always works to get a smile out of him.
I am so thankful he's mine.




Houston's first movie - Lego Batman on $1 day! He made it through the whole movie until about the last 15 minutes and I had to stand up in the back with him. 



Milkshake thief! 






















Houston experienced his first solar eclipse this month! He slept through most of it, but we got outside to catch some of the fun shadows on the eclipse :) 








Mommy and Daddy's 8th anniversary 


We had a big flood this month! 
We were stuck at our house for a couple days and played in the rain :)

Eating markers.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...